It goes without saying that 2020 was a crazy, ridiculous year. But as I look back on all that happened, I'm so thankful for all I was able to accomplish and experience. And that doesn't even address the fact that I'm healthy, safe, and well-provided for. I spent quite some time last year realizing and thinking on how privileged I am, and how I'm going to live in light of that. God has blessed me in many ways, but He also calls me to love my neighbor and to share with those in need. This year, I want to continue to seek Him in how He has called me to do that in my life. But moving back to the past, here are my highlights for 2020:
- Kylee and Lemar got married!
- I won a giant stuffed llama in the Christmas grab-bag at Grandma B's.
- Katherine, Anna, Evie, and I had a super fun IKEA adventure involving delicious food, photoshoot shenanigans, and fascinating chandeliers.
- Mary Ann got her ears pierced and all of us girls made a fun trip of it.
- Winnie invited Anna and me to go with her to a Feed My Starving Children event on Valentine's Day. This is something I look back on fondly as one of the last things I went to before the world descended into chaos.
- I was off of work for 3 weeks due to Mom being sick. I loved being home, playing games with my family, drinking whipped coffee, and eating other quarantine treats.
- I finished the entire series of The Office TV show.
- We had an amended Father Daughter Banquet at home. Mom, Stephen, Grandt, Kristian, and Joseph cooked and served an amazing multiple-course meal, and also provided entertainment during dinner. We all dressed up and danced on our driveway past nightfall. It was a magical quarantine night.
- I had the honor of standing up as a bridesmaid for my dear friend Sharyssa as she married Dakota!
- Khyrstyn left Illinois to move to New Mexico. I was sad for myself, but very excited for her. And now I get to visit New Mexico whenever I want. :D
- Mom, Chloe, Katherine, and I celebrated Katherine and Chloe's 21st birthdays and I had my first tequila shot.
- We helped Uncle Nick and Aunt Lydia move across the park into a beautiful house.
- I knit Mary Ann the sweater I promised her years ago.
- I got a Twitter account.
- I celebrated my 23rd birthday with drinks and food at Greenhorn, more delicious food at home, and some wonderful presents from my siblings including Han Solo/Princess Leia bookends from Katherine.
- I visited Sharyssa and Dakota at their house, and saw the new Little Women movie with Sharyssa.
- I watched Hamilton (the musical) and became obsessed with the soundtrack.
- I celebrated my 2 year anniversary at Culver's.
- We got TWO surprise albums from Taylor Swift. And I bought a T-Swift shirt.
- We spent several days at a cabin several hours away from home. It was one of my favorite family vacations!
- We visited Josiah in Chinatown, masked and socially-distanced, exploring several parks and enjoying our own personal pizzas. What a luxury!
- I bought my first laptop, which I'm using right now to type up this post.
- Mom, Mary Ann, and I flew out to Texas to visit Madison at her farmhouse. It was especially enjoyable to see Mary Ann's excitement at seeing the ocean for the first time!
- I had all my hair dyed red - professionally! (I've enjoyed having Kool-Aid dyed tips, but it was fun to have it done "for real".)
- I was able to spend three weeks in New Mexico with Khyrstyn! Our adventures included mountains, maple leaf cookies, dinner parties, a super fun photo shoot with Maggie, and lots of pizza and coffee, hehe. I also really enjoyed fellowshipping with Khyrstyn's group of friends there.
- While I was in New Mexico, Katherine, Anna, Mary Ann, and Julia repainted and reorganized our room.
- We celebrated Apple Butter Day, and while it looked a lot different during this pandemic, it was good to be able to have it still.
- Kylee and Lemar had their baby Oliver! I'm clearly not biased, but he is one of the cutest babies ever.
- Due to Covid complications, I was off of work from a little before Thanksgiving past Christmas Day. Once again, I enjoyed spending more time with family, especially over the holidays, and I got a lot of reading and sleeping done, haha. I'm glad to be back at work now though!
- Johnathan and Chloe got engaged!!!
- I bought a puzzle from one of my favorite yarn dyers and most of my family helped me put it together over the Christmas weekend.
- Khyrstyn came home for Christmas, and I was able to spend a few days with her. We went and got Chick-fil-A peppermint shakes, which was very important, because I almost went a Christmas season without one. The horror!
No comments:
Post a Comment