- The Sharpie Squad (JoLeigh, Evie, Katherine and Anna) invited me to to go on their annual IKEA adventure
- Spent Presidents Day at the Shedd Aquarium with most of my family and Melissa and Jeff
- Found a signed book at Barnes and Noble by one of my favorite authors, Morgan Matson. And bought it. :)
- Mom taught a Classic Literature class at co-op and we got to talk about Pride and Prejudice for three classes
- We flew Kaitlyn to Chicago over spring break to surprise Anna for a belated birthday present
- Finally went to the American Girl Place 😂😍
- A bubble tea and frozen yogurt place opened up in town and I spent a lot of time there during the year
- Dad took us girls to the Father Daughter Banquet
- Read the To All the Boys I've Loved Before trilogy
- Saw Avengers: Endgame on the Thursday night it opened
- Saw Mom perform in an Alumni Trombone Choir at Millikin
- Went to prom and danced and sang the night away
- Katherine and Johnathan graduated high school
- Josiah graduated from Columbia College Chicago (well, walked for graduation. Graduated in December 2018) I was so proud. I cried like five times.
- Bought a LEGO set with my tax refund
- Met Chloe Anderson and enjoyed many hours of adventures with her & company
- Watched Mary Ann, Grandt, Kristian, Julia, and Joseph play softball and/or baseball
- Lived alone for a week while most of my family went to West Virginia and got to spend a good amount of time with Khyrstyn and also Sharyssa. So I wasn't alone and not necessarily at home most of the week haha
- Became a trainer at work
- Khyrstyn and I flew to New Mexico for a few days
- Anna and I saw Tenth Avenue North in concert. It was amazing!!
- Apple Butter Day
- Kat visited us from Ohio and we had a girls' weekend with movies and tea and Khyrstyn and Chloe joined us as well
- I got a new phone. Seriously, it has so much more storage and an awesome camera, it definitely makes the highlight reel
- Went out with Mom for margaritas
- Took Anna and Mary Ann out to Chili's for Anna's birthday
- Dunkin brought peppermint mocha back. Bless. I've had it iced, hot, latte versions of both, frozen, in hot chocolate. Can't go wrong.
- Khyrstyn and I did a scavenger hunt and rated the various vanilla ice creams in Joliet
- Knit Katherine her Fightin' Words mitts
- Celebrated Stephen's 25th birthday at a Thai place in Chicago along with Mom and Katherine
- Bought an "ugly sweater" Guardians of the Galaxy shirt
- Celebrated Mom's 50th birthday
- Participated in National Novel Writing Month for the first time. I wrote every single day in November for a total of 12,044 words. Not a novel, but progress nonetheless.
- Went to the Sing-It-Yourself Messiah and Khyrstyn got to come at the last minute!
- Madison came to a visit for a long weekend
- We tore up our carpet and put down a new floor in our living room and dining room. I helped pull up staples for a couple hours, but Dad, Johnathan, Mary Ann, and others worked really hard on it. It looks so nice!!
Thursday, January 2, 2020
Highlights of 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love that our scavenger/ice cream hunt made the list!! Haha
ReplyDeleteOh, yes!!
DeleteWoah I’m on here. Twice. Shook.
ReplyDeleteOf course you are!! ❤❤❤
Delete